The meeting was called to order at 7:00 P.M. by Chairman Taylor with the Pledge of Allegiance. All members were present.
Motion by Badger to approve the minutes of the August 9, 1999 meeting as read. Carried - unanimous
Motion by Caughlan to accept the August, 1999, treasurers report as presented. Carried - unanimous
Motion by Caughlan to pay all September bills presented for payment by the clerk. Carried - unanimous
Several residents of Ideal Township were in attendance to discuss the upcoming hearing on the erection of communications towers. Following are some of the pertinent comments made: Mary Galbraith - Would like the Township Board to oppose the presence of towers in Ideal Township as they are not compatible with the aesthetic nor the tourism industry. John Peiron - Peiron stated that he was representing WAPOA and that the association was opposed to the towers. Jack Walshlager - Asked that the Board adopt a resolution to refUse the permit for a tower at the Baptist Camp and to reverse the deci sion to allow a tower along County Rd 39. Barb Uppgaard - Believes that the Township may be able to influence the decision by CWC Planning and Zoning. Bob Olufs - Feels that the presence of towers destroys the beauty and serenity of the area.
The clerk was directed to write a letter opposing the construction of communication towers in Ideal Township at least until after the county moratorium.
Mildred Carlson, Birchdale Villa, feels her fence was damaged by the townships snow plow and wants the township to repair the fence. The fence is to close to the road and with the considerable drifting of snow in that area, presents a problem for plowing. Bach stated that he would try to change the plowing procedure on that road to lessen the chance of fence damage. No action taken.
Robert c. Olson asked the Board to support his request to the County to rezone his property from Agricultural to Rural Residential. The
clerk was asked to send a letter to CWC Planning that the Township
does not object to the rezoning.
The road and bridge report was as follows:
- County Rd 120 (the old name) still has not been repaired
- Would like to find a back-up snow plow driver.
- Reported that Tom Royce, Idylwood, was allowing trees to remain standing as sort of Islands in the middle of the platted ROW.
- There have been no safety incidents.
- Work to prevent erosion and water run-off into the lake will be performed on Wabaganiss Rd.
The fire department report was as follows:
- The department would like to purchase a drinking fountain.
- Request a fire department credit card.
- Would like to increase the size of the parking lot to the east and north of the fire hall.
- Would like to apply for DNR matching funds to purchase a communication/computer system.
- The ISO test will be held on September 18, 1999.
- The department will be having their semi-annual physicals on September 29, 1999.
- There have been no safety incidents.
Motion by Badger to purchase a drinking fountain to be installed in the fire department area. Carried - unanimous
The clerk reported that a resident had called expressing confusion over the signage on Star Lake Dr. and Round Lake Dr. Bach said he would try to correct the problem.
The clerk reported that a company from Meadowlands, MN had removed the pile of tires from the transfer station. The cost will be $1.00 per tire.
Brine asked that the treasurer and clerk be allowed to attend a CTAS computer class.
Motion by Taylor to permit the clerk and treasurer to attend a computer. Carried - unanimous
The clerk reported that he would be out of town on the second Monday of November and asked if the meeting could be rescheduled.
Motion by Badger to hold the November Board meeting on Monday, November 15, 1999. Carried - unanimous
The Township's workers camp. insurance company, American Interstate, held a safety inspection of the townhall, shop, fire department and equipment. The inspection was very favorable.
David L. Steffon