The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Chairman Taylor with the Pledge of Allegiance. All members were present.
Motion by Badger to approve the minutes of the June 14, 1999 meeting as read by the clerk. Carried - unanimous
Motion by Caughlan to accept the June, 1999, treasurers as presented. Carried - unanimous
Motion by Badger to approve payment of all July, 1999, bill presented for payment by the clerk. Carried - unanimous
The road and bridge report was as follows:
- The windshield was replaced on the pickup.
- The L9000 had to have an oil leak repaired.
- The transmission on the pickup is starting to malfunction.
- The retaining wall on Old Whiskey Rd. erected by Mr. Jackson was discussed.
- A stop sign installed at the end of Winnamakee Shores Rd. was discussed.
- Request permission to purchase a y4• drive air impact tool.
- There have been no safety incidents.
Motion by Caughlan to purchase an impact wrench for approximately
$350.00. Carried - unanimous
The retaining rocks near Gasink Rd. was discussed. It was determined that if the area where the rocks are located is not along the town road, there would be no town jurisdiction. The clerk was asked to check with the MAT attorneys on the matter.
The fire department report was as follows:
- There was 1 fire run the previous month.
- The ISO Rating review is scheduled for September 18, 1999.
- The department will have their physicals on Wednesday, September 29.
- The department plans to sell beer at this years beef and corn feed. Bruce Schultz and the clerk will work on the insurance.
- There were no safety incidents.
Badger reported that he has made preliminary inquiries concerning park property acquisition. There is noting yet to report.
The clerk reported that a local day care center regularly transports te children to the Ideal Park and, occasionally, the gym. Sometimes the facilities are reserved which causes a conflict. The day care center will be asked to check with the clerk before using the indoor facilities.
The clerk reported that the Township had collected about $2500.00 in hall rentals during the years of 1996, 1997, 1998. Several of the tables and chairs should be repaired or replaced.
Motion by Badger to purchase 10 tables and 80 chairs matching the ones we have already purchased. Carried - unanimous.
The possible need of a license to sell beer at the beef feed was discussed. The clerk was asked to check with the auditor on the need and to apply for a license if necessary.
Doug Morris, Crow Wing County Solid Waste, has been contacted and asked to provide the names of vendors who accept tires to
be recycled. The pile of tires at the transfer station is getting large and the danger of fire exists.
There being no further Township business to transact, the meeting adjourned at 8:05 P.M.
David L. Steffon