Wednesday, April 11, 2018
- Incumbent Supervisor John Bilek ran uncontested for the Supervisor 3-year term.
- Registered voters at start of polling was 880; there were 2 new election-day registrations.
- 4 election judges served; John Plein, Dave Peterson, Lorraine Northhagen, Laura Stromberg
- Used electronic registration roster (poll pads); worked well
- 23 absentee ballots were cast
- 29 in-person ballots were cast
- Board of Canvass convened on 3/13/18 after Annual Meeting to certify results
- John Bilek received all 52 votes cast
- Turnout percentage of 5.9% (slightly higher than average for Township elections in Ideal)
- Contest period ended on 3/20/18 (7 days after Board of Canvass certifies results)
- Certificate of Election issued to John Bilek on 3/23/18
- Bilek took Oath of Office on 3/26/18 (within 10 days after Certificate of Election issued)
- Bilek Campaign Financial Report filed on 3/26/18
April 6, 2018